Sunday, April 29, 2012

Been a busy two weeks

... But I had sometime to get some painting in. Here is Venethrax and his ten beasties. Venethrax is almost done, needing just the facing arcs and touch up before sealing. I think I will them as cryxian runes with either off colors or strong vertical lines for the ends of the arcs.

This batch of Bloodgorgers is my first experiment with the GW washes. They feel slightly different, but results as about 95% of the old ones. Nuln oil seems very close Badab Black, but the replacement for Delvan Mud lacks a little something, seeming more like burnt umber wash than "dirt in a bottle". This batch of Bloodgorgers is being done following the scheme shown in the trollblood book for the earth born troll whelp.

After the Bloodgorgers and Venethrax, next comes a Seether, skarlock and the big boy himself General Gerlac Slaughterborn. That combo will be my go 15 point list. 35 will be more Bloodgorgers and another Seether.

2 comments:

Reece said...

Hmm... you should upload larger pictures. :)

Bryce said...

Well, with the whole busy thing, the barrier to blogging has actually been photographing stuff. So I have been experimenting with using Blogger on my iPad. So far, I am not overly impressed. I might have to buy and actual useful app for it, or switch to taking a picture with my camera every now and again, and not immediately writing post to go with it. The problembecomes when I split the blogging process, often I don't get back to the post at all.