Thursday, March 15, 2012

More Cryx Battlebox...

Okay, so despite it being 84 degree, sunny and breezy out, I am having a miserable time and hiding indoors.  I am allergic to pear tree pollen and having a heck of a time breathing.  Despite being cheap when it comes to AC, I always run it during this time of the year just to filter out the pollen.  Being 84 is also uncommon for this time for the year.  While in the basement, I decided to finish the pre-sealing work on my Cryx.

I telling a guy I was training, that eventually you just have to stop working on a model and move on-that you'll never really improve my just painting and then correcting the same model over and over again.  Well, that applies to me as well, and I have been doing a lot of experimenting with these guys and that orange glow, and the blue fades for color theory.  Time to move on, or I'll just ruin what i have under layers of ink.  So here we go.

Group shot, you can see I deliberately upped the blue content in the big guy.  Remember I haven' t Photoshop'ed these images, so the blue are much brighter than in person.
Denny's orange glow is coming out really really well.  The finger glow looks much better than expected.  Once the whole thing is matte varnished, hitting that with gloss should make it really pop.
Big Blue, who is not that blue in person, but the orange and blue work really well together.
Now, due to the high pollen count and not having having a nice matte varnish handy since Hobbytown closed, I'll probably airbrush the sealer onto these guys after a quick pass looking for anything  like accidents with white paint or scratches.

Next up, will be matte sealing, then spot sealing with  satin and gloss to highlight various spots.  Then some oils (or gloss and ink mix) to the inner pistons.  After, static grass and and other scenic elements. Then done!

As a side not, I got my hands on USB 3.0 card reader, and boy does that speed up moving the files off my memory card. The tethering cable from the camera to the computer was brutally slow.

No comments: