Monday, March 12, 2012

Swapmeet observations

So this Saturday I went on the epic journey to Fredericksburg to a gaming swapmeet.  Now, I knew there would probably not be a ton I was interested in since college was we well under way and the economy has been down for quite a while.  I tend to place more of the niche games and really hate stripping model, so it was more of a "something to do on a Saturday" kinda thing.  Also, if I saw an Cygnar, then I would pick it for a friend. 

When I get there, first thing I see is the entire set of Ravenloft from 1st and 2nd edition.  Cool, but I passed.  Saw  stack of Rhulics, which went in under and hour.  Some poor schmuck bought, units of 5 of each kind of bane for Cryx (they are fielded in units of 6 or 10, and no longer sold as blisters).  After that the only PP stuff was a few metal Circle models.

What was left?  Tons and tons of GW products.  Blood Angels everywhere you looked.  Poorly painted Ultramarines as usual and the occasional IG models and grab bgs of 'gaunts (not any particular kind though, since they didn't have arms).  Some guys was unloading Sentinels and mid-sized bugs on sprues.  So over all Mostly it was GW meet, the only problem being none of the stuff was moving.  Now I know everyone and their uncle has more space marines than they know what to do with, but it was really depressing.  No excitement, or "Hey look at that!"

I did walk out with my new hardback FoW 3ed book, but I bought that new.  Oh well.  Back to more painting and LEGOs later this week.

No comments: