Monday, November 02, 2009

Finished Random Models

So I buy a lot of models. Most miniatures go to a game of some kind nowadays, whether it is some thing as common as Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k to more esoteric stuff like Avatars of War or Ron and Bones. This is where the really random "Hey that is cool!" purchases and other models that don't fit another category will end up being documented. Here you find stuff from Resina PlanetEnigmaReaper, Dark Sword, and Mega Minis, etc. If it isn't elsewhere on the top or side links, it should be here ... if I have finished it.


Reaper Miniatures


Hyena, from 03277: Hyena Pack (2) by Jason Wiebe





This pack of models was used for the first Painter v. Painter feature on From the Warp.  The only way to tell this thing is actually a hyena is the coloration.  If you study pictures of hyenas, the muzzle is all wrong, far more ursine than canine.  It would make a great demonic hyena or a hellhound though.  Animals are one of the things I have the worst time painting.  This model did satisfy one prime requirement though--you get two for $7.99 making it ideal for our purposes.

5 comments:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

The Round 2 models were chaep too.
That's the name of the game.

Hudson said...

Hey Bryce, glad to see you have a blog, now.
I'll enjoy seeing your work!

Bryce said...

We heavily stress the importance "Accountability Partners" in Youth Ministry, so I figured I would try the same thing in painting. Nobody gives you homework in your self directed hobby, and I needed a mechanism to keep me painting.

I go through massive periods of inactivity, and when t a third of your house is dedicated to it, that is doubly foolish. Dedicating a third of the house to hobbying in of itself is bad, an then not using it, is even worse.

Plus in the case of a catastrophic loss, I can prove to GEICO/Travelers: 1) they really did insure a crazy person and 2) they really do owe me $20k in compensation for lost models and out of print games.

Reece said...

Hehe... nice. :)

-Reece

Anonymous said...

Hyenas are not canines. O.o Hyenas are hyenas.