Sunday, November 01, 2009

Goal of the Week 10/31/2009

So this week's goal was to finish some tanks. Those tanks being 15mm Flames of War M4A1 Shermans. this week also the saw the introduction of a D90 camera, and me building a light box out of a cardboard box, some Kleenex, tape and a office paper.

You'll notice some dramatic sways in photo quality as I learn to use the camera.


































So there they are.


I did some weathering using powders and added an antenna using 1st string from a guitar. No enamels, no oils. Caked, dry mud made from weathering powder and matte medium. The decal softener and setter worked like magic. Notice how the Allied Star meshes perfectly to the seems in the front.As you can see I build a little light box. That will probably get added to the Side Projects heading later. While it worked for this, I am learning fast how to improve it. I discovered this wonderful thing called white balance. I still haven't figured out how to use it on the camera itself, but Picasa has a white balance bar that lets me remove the excessive yellow from the photos.

1 comment:

pokey000 said...

Looking good there, we will have to get together sometime so that you can show me the weathering powders.