Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Monday...

Yes, the Monday after Thanksgiving.... Cyber Monday.   Stupid media and marketing types.  Man that sounds so lame.  Anyway, TheWarStore.com's Black Friday deals continue.  Honestly, aside from the 5% and a great deal on Flames of War stuff across the board, not much of note.  GW stuff is limited to terrain and splash releases in stock for a reason, PP is mostly soon to be obsolete books, and the clearance rack is mostly family games I am disinterested in.   It definitely is not the gold mine that it was last year.  A few of the gems though:

Flames of War
Firestorm: The Bagration Campaign
Firestorm: Market Garden

Games Workshop (direct and licensed)
Rogue Trader
Warhammrer RPG 3rd edition
Space Hulk

Rackham
Confrontation Army Boxes

While I did not buy all that stuff, if you were in the market, some of that is a decent deal.  5% on top of the already great prices is also nice.  What I did order will show up over there on the right hand side when it arrives.

Dragon Age Update:
I am now to an impressive 31%, and presumably almost done with the Brescilian Forest.  It makes me rather skeptical just how accurate the progress percentage is.  I know that it is across all characters and all options, but it seems like I should be farther along than this.  Still loving the game though.

Painting Update:
Back banners are attached to all the Skorne warbeasts now.  Now it is just time to even out the whites and purple, and touch up.  White and purple are two of the worst colors to even out in my experience.  The metallic touch up is going swimmingly though.  These are definitely "good enough" models.  With Warmachine MK II almost upon us, who knows how much I'll actually play with these guys.  I might just unload them and the rest of of the Skorne on some tourney player to make room in the ....

Basement Update:
Yes, I have been cleaning out my basement.  So far, I have removed 14 cubic feet of junk from my shelves.  This is somewhat misleading though, as much of it was half empty GW core game boxes from various editions.  Still, I managed to clear off the nightmare that had once been my pool table, and put away a couple hundred minis (GW and Infinity), and box up a huge amount of terrain.  All that and I still have about 8 cubic feet of shelf space left and I haven't thrown out anything other than boxes (so consolidation is pretty much done).  Once I get to college text books, broken appliances, dry rotted sports equipment space and rusted house paint cans space should abound (well, at least be better).

Blog Photo Updates:
Since the basement purge is under way, setting up the tripod and light box is a non-starter, so this evening/tomorrow I'll post up some of my early, learning and prototype minis.

So.. if you actually read this far, thanks.  This entry was more of a sanity check on myself than information to the masses post.  Luckily, I haven't stumbled into a rant.

1 comment:

RAZ said...

I was somewhat disappointed by the internet sales this year also. Nothing jumped out and screamed for me to buy it.