Saturday, October 17, 2009

Why do this?

So why create this whole thing? Well, I have tons of projects started and not completed. There are space marines simply lacking that final coat of varnish to poorly primed Glitterboy hiding in a box. There is more Forge World terrain here than most people have scratch built. Every week, more stuff just appears from the Intermatum, destined to hang on a hook in a blister pack.

I have been in the miniatures hobby since 1996, far earlier if you count painting my Axis and Allies and HeroQuest miniatures. To date, I have completely finished 7 Middenheimers with accompanying Hired Swords for Mordheim, 1 Warcaster and 3 Warjacks (the Cygnar Starter pack) and 1 hyena. Now, I should clarify by finished I am referring to everything is finalized: basing, varnishing, specialized display, you name it. The thing is done. It goes in a box or shelf to gloat to all the models "in progress". I use that term loosely, as I start a lot of models and never come back to them.

With the holiday season coming, I will be having a great deal of time off. So I figured why not create a log to document the insanity of my miniature habit. In addition, it will give me a reason to do more talking about models than actually working on them. It will give me something to record my commitment to finish some of these models.

So what will be posted here? Lists of the models I have, projects contemplated and started, techniques I pick up, and assorted other stuff. And, of course, random moody blog rants.

No comments: